1.23.2012

Sleeping through the night

My Good Sleeper Son,


New parents are sleep-deprived, even if they don't realize it in the moment, just look at those pictures from the first few weeks (or months or years, depending on the child), and it's obvious.  But here's the curious thing ... in going back to work, I really - like really, really - miss your middle-of-the-night nursing.  I miss that quiet time alone with just the two of us, your sweet, little hand grasping my finger and your glances up at me and coos indicating your sublime happiness (never mind that you're just happy you got what you wanted - to feed in the middle of the night while the rest of the world is cozy and dreaming in their beds) and my blissful smile back down at you, silently agreeing that this is a happy moment while I ignore how tired, and potentially grumpy, this hour-long sleep hiatus will make me tomorrow.  Therefore, all of these really long sentences to say that I actually miss your crying rousing me from my slumber at 2:00 a.m. (Try explaining that to the mother of a 3-week-old!)


Sweet dreams,
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment